Searching for something is a tedious task. One part is our constantly declining attention span, and the other is the millions of results shown to us by any search engine. When we shift the perspective, for the people sitting behind the scenes making the website, optimizing Anchor Text becomes essential. “How to optimize anchor text?” is a question on the minds of many. Optimize your anchor text for SEO as it can help you reach audiences.
When a written piece is posted, and a reader is going through it, optimize anchor text is a way for them to determine what the linked page is about.
Linking a study, citation, destination, or website domain is a way to enhance Google’s ranking. So much that an SEO Agency in Pune can reach a viewer in Chicago.
What is Anchor text?
The visible characters and phrases that hyperlinks use to point to another online page or document are known as “anchor text.” You may alter your website’s link colors and styles using HTML or CSS, although it often displays as blue underlined text.
Search engines and people alike can benefit from contextually relevant information about the link’s destination provided in the anchor text.
Thus, appropriate anchor text aids in the Google algorithm’s comprehension of your website’s architecture. And it gives more context for how the relationships between the various pages are connected.
Anchor Links are like the navigation signs on a map that tell you possible outcomes, or locations. This is why as a website, you need to optimize your anchor text for SEO.
The use of anchor text dates back to the early days of the Internet. Over the past 20+ years, Google has undergone a substantial transformation, but SEO guidance hasn’t kept up. While writing this essay, I read several articles, but none of them truly hit the mark. In reality, a handful perilously close to propagating SEO myths confused links with anchors.
Search Engines And Optimize Anchor Text
To determine what your pages may be about, search engines analyze external anchor text, which is the content that other pages use to connect to your site. Although website owners usually have little influence over how other websites link to theirs, “you can make sure that anchor text you use within your site is useful, descriptive, and relevant.”
Even if the terms don’t exist in the content itself, a page can score well if enough websites believe it is relevant for a certain set of phrases.
If practiced well, the earlier mentioned SEO Agency in Pune can link relevant topics and websites so that they are discovered, and highlighted by international prospects.
Types of Anchor Text
Optimize your anchor text for SEO is important, but many fail to realize the apt and suitable type of optimize anchor text for your website.
- Exact Match
The keyword mirrors the exact page.
Ex- a keyword “Bluetooth earphones” leads to a page for Bluetooth earphones.
- Partial Match
A variation of the keyword is linked to the page.
Ex- keyword “Bluetooth devices: leads to a page containing Bluetooth earphones.
A brand name is used as anchor text.
Ex- “Skullcandy” will lead to the website for Skullcandy earphones.
- Naked Link
The URL is used as an anchor text.
Ex- www.boat-lifestyle.com will lead to the website for earphones.
A generic word or phrase is used for the anchor text.
Ex-words like “Know more” or “Click here” are used to lead to the website.
Once clicked on the image, it will take you to the page the image is linked to.
Quick Take on How to Optimize Anchor Text
1. Discover relevant industry websites
2. Include backlinks to your target page in material that is related to it.
3. Try to position your link close to your main keyword.
4. Make use of clever anchor text
5. Recognize relevancy as the key to successful link building.
Following these, if you are a small SEO agency in Pune or a budding blog writer in Uruguay, you can have the reach and results that of an international organization.
Optimize Your Anchor Text for SEO
- Too many Exact-Match anchors can be dangerous as they are spammed and can get manipulative or penalized. Or even deleted via natural selection.
- Avoid prone-to-spam or flagged anchors for linking sites
- Focus on relevancy and not the number when it comes to anchor links
- When calculating a page’s ranking, Google considers more factors than only the quantity and quality of connections (i.e., link popularity). Additionally, the subject relevance of those connections to the context of the linked-to page is examined.
- Use variations of keywords and safe anchor text percentages. As too many of the same anchor links can look fake, or noticeable.
- Safe and diversified anchor ratios like those above, have between 50% and 70% of their anchors listed as “other.”
- ALT Text is extremely important. Alt text is the text given at the bottom of an image with a description and relevant links.
The Alt tag for your picture serves as the anchor text when it connects to another resource or page because Google cannot traditionally “read” images.
- Have a significant portion of your site’s anchors that aren’t optimized.
Percentages for Optimize Anchor Text
- 70% = Branded Anchor Text
- 20% = Naked Link Anchor Text
- 5% = Generic Anchor Text
- < 5% = Partial Match Anchor Text
- < 1% = Exact Match Anchor Text
So when are you getting in line with that one SEO agency in Pune to get the most off your campaigns?